Tuesday, January 13, 2009

That's Not His Religion, It's His Name


Well, and it's his religion...

So, Christian. I haven't written anything for a while because all I would have written about was Christian. AND, considering I knew from the moment I saw him on our first date, that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, I figured I would try to freak him out as little as possible and NOT write about him. BUT, now that he is mine (yes, I am taking ownership), I will write all I want about him.

Christian. What do I even say? Well, he is, simply put (and so cliche' that I almost hate it), my completion. I think I had a feeling he was going to come into my life -- I mean, check out the blogging before this... afraid of marriage?! Whatever. It is all I want now. My life has finally begun and I can hardly wait to really get this show on the road! I am happier now than I have ever been in my life. I can no longer imagine my life without him. I think things and he is saying them. I finish sending him a message and he has just sent the same one to me. I feel like we've had discussions about things that have never been brought up because we have the same ideas or feelings about them already. It's the most incredible feeling to be able to say or do anything and never feel judged. I have never felt so comfortable in my skin; I've never wanted to be me more than I do now.

"But wait, there's more!" I know,I know, you're thinking: CJ, how can there be more?? How can it get any better?!?

BUT Christian has the sweetest, the spunkiest, the silliest daughter, Sarah. AND I get to be her new mommy. She already calls me mommy and it melts my heart to think that I get to keep her. I don't have to send her home at the end of the day. I get to say good night and then good morning to her every day until... until forever. We, Christian and I, get to be with her on her happiest days, her goofiest and giggliest days. We get to be there for her on her hardest days, when her knees get scraped or she gets a "meh" face at school. We get to be together, the three of us. Always.

Now, you just tell me life gets better than this! Tell me that all I could have imagined, to the power of 100, could get any better than this!! I am so incredibly in love. I never knew love felt like this. Had I known, I still wouldn't have rushed it. This was worth the wait. Christian, and Sarah, were (are) so worth my wait. I always thought I would just die if I made it to 27 without being married. And here I am. I have died. I have died and gone to my slice of heaven.

"Thanks for the Lemonade."

12 comments:

JaredandKatie said...

Oh, sweet Clarissa Jane. You are such a wonderful writer. I am so thrilled for you in your new chapter of your life. They are truly blessed to have you. And, let me say this... it only gets better. As each Anniversary goes by you will say to yourself "I can not possibly love you anymore", and then you do. It's amazing. It gives us the slightest hint of what our Heavenly Father feels for us. Again, COngrats!!!

Lauren Maley said...

oh Clarissa!!! I am so happy for you!!! and really really really hope I get to be your roommate before you get married!!!!

Kristal said...

That is the best thing I've heard all day!! I'm so happy for you and Katie is right, you look back in 1,2 5,10 years and you realize that you really didn't know what love was when you first got married, it just gets better! So happy for you and that you get to be a mommy! Congrats!

Brianne said...

Congrats! I am VERY happy and excited for you!

Salcido Family said...

Now, THAT is the vomit inducing crap I have been waiting for you to spew!! Yay! Congratulations on being so in love that you could laugh, cry, scream and puke all at the same time because you feel like you could burst at the seams!

Bekah said...

Life gave me lemonade and I can't imagine why, born on a sunny day beneath the tagerine sky. A little life without pretending, I a sucker for happy endings....

I'm happy for you! I'll see you in white!

luf you

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

WOW! That was a shock! I am so glad that you have found love! Make sure he treats you right because you deserve it!
Congrats, let us know the date...:)

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU SISTA! AND i love that song! It's on my phone and in fact, I tend to think of you when I hear it because you always know the right things to say when I'm having a poo-poo day ...or really just whenever. YOU ROCK! And I am so UBER incredibly thrilled for you, Christian and little Sarah. Mwuah!

"Thanks for the Lemonade" indeed :-D

Brad and Amy said...

Yeah baby!!!! Just like I planned! Ok...so it was just like Heavenly Father planned....but I was a part! LOL!

Can you make mine a strawberry lemonade??? Thanks! Love ya!

SchraderFamily said...

Clarissa, we are so excited for you and Christian and Sarah. You all are so lucky to be able to have each other! We already love you to death and are so exciting to meet you!
Love~
Britney, Michael, Jackson and Jocelyn

Teresa Allen said...

You teared me up! I am so excited and happy for you! You deserve it all! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

T

Anonymous said...

Clarissa, I finally found you! that would have been enough, but to find you so happily in love is more than I could have ever hoped for. I wish I could offer more than a congrats, I wish you were close enough to put my arms around. I feel impressed to tell you that you have a special place in mine and my family's heart. You are a beloved friend to my sister Cristy and i have never forgotten you and your kindness, I came across your poem the other day going through my things- you seem to be a better writer now than you were then LOL, but it still made me bawl. thank you and god bless you and your new family.- Ronica