Monday, August 24, 2009

"Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho...

To 1st Grade we will go, to laugh and learn and play all day. Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho!!"

This was Sarah's Kindergarten graduation song and today was the first day of 1st Grade. She was SOOOO excited. She layed out her uniform on Saturday night. Friday she decided she wanted school to start on Saturday. She loves school and I love that she loves school! Her reading improved SO much this summer. She loves to read, but she does not like it when I tell her to go have 15 minutes of reading on her own. I will find her in her room sometimes, surrounded by books and she hates it if we don't have time to read a book at night before bedtime, but she "hates reading!!!" if Christian or I tell her to go read for her fifteen minutes that day. It's quite humorous, especially when she doesn't come back after her time in up because she's so engrossed in her book. We have to giggle.

Last night was humorous (and yet, not). She was "so, so, so excited for 1st Grade" and, almost literally, bouncing off the walls. Well, with all the energy she used getting all excited she was wasted by about 6:30 and could hardly make it through brushing her teeth to get ready for bed. She was beyond exhausted, poor girl. Then I had to wake her up this morning (NEVER HAPPENS) in order to get her ready and out the door in time to catch the bus -- she LOVES to ride the bus!!

Despite the tired night and the rushed morning Sarah Lynn had a great first day of 1st Grade. She was so excited to tell me about the hole in her desk where she gets to keep things (even I can remember the first desk I had to keep all my things in). She told Christian that there's a very nice boy in her class, but... she can't remember his name. I love to hear the things she has to report. Best of all, just after I've kissed her goodnight and called her my big 1st Grader and just as I'm leaving her room tonight she says "Mommy! 2nd." And I say "2nd??" And she replies, "Tomorrow is my 2nd day of 1st Grade. Goodnight mommy." Now, if that don't just make you smile. :)

2 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

WOW!! Three updates in a row!! Keep em coming...Im loving it!! Miss you!

Taylor K said...

Yay Sarah!