Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Land That I Love


I voted today. Did you??

I realize this is going to be a common theme for everyones blogs today, but shouldn't it be?!

I believe God blessed and continually blesses America.
"God bless America" is a plea for help. He helps those who help themselves.

Get out and vote. Do your duty to God and country.
I, in all honesty, don't care who you vote for -- JUST VOTE. You know who I voted for.

Give yourself a right to be proud or a right to complain - if you don't vote I don't want to hear anything you have to say about our elected leaders for the next 2 to 4 years. :)

P.S. I was in and out of my polling place, start to finish, in 13 minutes. Not even enough time to start an episode of Prison Break on my ipod. I was pretty amazed. Although, it helped because I had studied what I was voting for and cast my educated votes. I just wish that everyone else would do the same.

Ahhhhh... I love America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post, sweetums. I couldn't agree more. This country gives us a voice, and if we choose not to use it, well, we shouldn't complain.

Whoever wins tonight, I've never seen so many of my friends engaged and actively interested in not only the country, but their own hometowns. I can only hope this trend continues.

Love, Mr. X

Aunt Tiff said...

I flippen love you girl! You seriously amaze me!!! I VOTED!!