Thursday, September 11, 2008

Looking Back

On all the news stations they were asking if you can remember where you were 7 years ago today. Do you know?! I certainly do. Not only could I never forget where, but I can never forget with whom. The person I see each time I think of this day is no longer on this earth, so it makes it especially poignant. 
I was driving into work this morning and when I drive into my office in DC I pass by the Pentagon. I could not help but get chocked up and weepy when I saw the flags at half mast. I just couldn't stop the tears from flowing as I continued into work. 
All day I have been watching/listening to reports on all the different memorial services. It reminds me of what I did on this day 7 years ago. I was weepy, sobby and I couldn't listen to or watch enough of what was going on. I just didn't know what else I could do; I guess I still don't.
I just hope that in some way that the way I live my life honors those who lost theirs.
"Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee"

No comments: